As Sponsor of a Challenge you will gain early end user input to the development of new technologies that will deliver 3Rs, scientific and business impacts.
Challenges can come from industry or academia. As a Sponsor you must be able to provide in-kind contributions to support your Challenge. Contributions can include access to compound libraries, expertise, in-house studies for validation of prototypes and co-funding. See current Challenges for examples of in-kind contributions provided in previous competitions.
A Challenge should be a call for a product, technology or process that:
- Will have a significant impact on the 3Rs.
- Is innovative and breaks new ground in areas where technologies would improve science and business.
- Adds value or accelerates the availability of technologies.
- Brings in new audiences/technologies.
- Has wide applicability/leads to step change.
- Ideally has significant commercial potential.
- Is focused on developing and leveraging new technologies into broader use across the bioscience sector.
- Is clearly defined so that the scope and endpoints are understood.
- Has defined deliverables so that applicants and assessors are clear as to what is expected from the Sponsors.
- Has scope for Sponsor in-kind contribution that brings genuine added value to the collaboration.
If your Challenge proposal is selected:
|NC3Rs will||Your organisation will|
|Work together to develop the Challenge brief|
|Support the Launch event||Be expected to attend Challenge surgeries at the Launch event Interact with potential applicants|
|Administer the application and funding process||Be involved in the assessment process to decide the winning team|
|Project manage the funded teams||Provide in-kind contributions to, and work with, the winning team|
|Work together to promote uptake of the Challenge product to maximise the 3Rs impact and improve science and business|
- Download and complete the 'Sponsor a Challenge' form
- Email the completed form to email@example.com
If you need any assistance with the form please contact us at the above email.
Challenge submissions are considered by both independent scientific experts and the CRACK IT Advisory Panel, who will take the following criteria into consideration prior to making their final recommendations:
- Level of 3Rs impact.
- Scientific quality.
- Commercial potential/potential for broad uptake of the technology.
- Level of Sponsor input (e.g. co-funding, in-kind contributions).
- Alignment with current NC3Rs portfolio and external activities.
- Low risk of Challenge not being solved.
- Time to impact.
|Notification of Challenge selection||End of March 2018|
|Deadline for Challenge Brief completion||29 June 2018|
|Challenges Launch event||6 September 2018|
|Two Phase Challenges||Single Phase Challenges|
|Phase 1 application deadline||7 November 2018|
|Single Phase application deadline||14 November 2018|
|Phase 1 Review Panel meeting||December 2018|
|Single Phase Virtual Review Panel||December 2018|
|Single Phase Challenge Panel||January 2019|
|Phase 2 application deadline||19 June 2019|
|Phase 2 Challenge Panel meeting||July 2019|